And We Go To Oregon

A couple weeks ago I was browsing the internet for any food science jobs in Oregon or Washington-just because I was bored. On a whim, I decided to send my resume to a company in Boring, Oregon. They ended up calling me that day wanting an interview. I interviewed with them last Monday and they offered me the job today. We decided to accept the offer. We will be moving next Wednesday. We have to continue paying for our apartment here until someone moves in so if you know anyone in Provo that wants a nice, two bedroom apartment, let us know!

A little about the job...I will be working for a company called Ever Fresh Fruit Company. They process apples as well as make other products such as yogurt and ice cream base. My official job title will be a Quality Assurance Technician. My job will be to check the equipment for cleanliness when I arrive, check the ingredients to make sure they are portioned out correctly, and take samples and test them throughout the day to make sure that they are quality products. It is a small company and seems like a good place to work.

I am grateful that we will finally have a full time job as well as the chance to gain some experience with my degree in case I ever want/need to work in the future. However, I am sad to leave all of our family and friends in Utah.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats Amy! That is good and exciting news!

Lauren said...

wow! That is exciting! Do you have a house there or anything? And how close is that to Woodland.

It'll be funny to live in a place called "Boring" hehe...