Halloween and Hair

What do Halloween and hair have in common? They both start with H... There really is no connection for me other than the fact that I am way behind on things I want to write about and need to just start combining topics.

First, Halloween:

Last year my mom bought Madeline a costume at Old Navy the day after Halloween (for $4.00!) so she has had her costume planned for a year. She was a bumblebee. She really liked to show off her stinger on her bum. We dressed Eli as a missionary. I couldn't resist because I always think his hair looks so missionary-y.


Eli's hair looks so grown up!


"Hello, my name is Elder Payne. I have a message..."


My mom and Abby came up and we carved our pumpkins. If you know Madeline, you know she HATES to be dirty, especially her hands. We weren't sure she would carve pumpkins at all. It was funny to watch her help because she would carefully put her hand in the pumpkin and put out one seed. Then she would wipe her hands - over and over.



After pumpkins we ate homemade pizza, then went trick-or-treating. We only went to the 15ish houses on our street. Madeline would enthusiastically say "trick-or treat" after I would say, "what do you say?" The people would comment on how cute she was then give her a handful of candy. She got way more than I thought she would or needed. I was proud because she would always say thank-you. Then, as we would go down the driveway she would usually yell, "love you! Bye!" Then she would tell mom and Abby "I tick-or-tweat, candy." This happened at every house. It was cute.




Now for my hair:

When I got my job I decided not to cut my hair short anymore because it was too hard to wear a hair net without a pony-tail or a bun. Ian likes shorter hair so I told him when I quit I would cut my hair short again. I kept my word and got it cut last week. My hair was the longest it has ever been and went to shortest it has ever been. This is a "before" picture...


And "after"...


She cut off 12 inches! I donated it to Locks of Love.


She cut off a little more than I had asked (10 inches is the minimum to donate) and at first I was kind of sad. I missed my hair and it is a lot shorter in the back than in the front. Then I remembered that hair grows and thought about how sad I would be if I had no hair. I really do like it now. I think I look a lot more stylish and put together.

3 comments:

Rach said...

I love your hair! It looks so good! And Eli is a super cute baby missionary. Does his hair naturally part like that?

Amy said...

No. I part it. It kind of sticks up naturally.

Shayla said...

LOVE the haircut!!