Madeline's 2nd Birthday!

Today is Madeline's 2nd Birthday. I can't believe my baby was born two years ago! I decided it would be fun to have an Olivia themed birthday, since Olivia is her favorite book, doll, and cartoon. I made her cake yesterday and decorated it today. I am really proud of how it turned out. I sometimes feel a bit intimidated having a sister-in-law who is a pastry chef and makes beautiful cakes, as seen on her blog. (I know she would never judge, but still...) Anyways Liz, I hope this does the cake world some justice.





These are the invitations I made...

Madeline received a lot of cool presents. She really liked her Olivia figurines...

and she REALLY liked her cool sunglasses. She became very uninterested in opening any other presents after she got the glasses.


I just wanted to show her ringlets with this picture. I love them but I'm sure she will hate curly hair when she becomes a teenager.


After presents we had cake. We also had pie to celebrate my aunt Jen's birthday as well as my cousin Ally's birthday.


This was the inside of the cake...


I love my two year old!

4 comments:

Liz said...

I love the cake! You did an awesome job! Are the red stripes fruit by the foot or something similar? Madeline is lucky to have such an amazing, talented mom. (Okay, and her dad's not bad either.) Happy birthday to my sweet niece!

Shayla said...

WOW that looks amazing!!

Linda said...

Cute cake! Jen was trying to describe it to me when I called for her birthday, but she couldn't talk and I can't hear, so I wasn't getting it. Nice to see the pictures! She's gotten so big!

Danielle 'n Keith said...

Amy, you are amazing! Great job on the cake. I can't believe how big Madeline is. Also, I can't wait to find out if your next one is a boy or a girl :)