The Latest Pictures of Madeline

Madeline has been pretty fussy the past couple of days. I don't know why. I think she might be going through a growth spurt so she wants to eat more often than she usually does. She is starting to get pretty chubby.

She has started holding onto her rags a lot. We have found that if we give her a rag when she is crying she will usually calm down. My little sister Abby used to have a "rag" like a blankie. I don't really want Madeline to have a crutch but I guess a rag is easy because it is small and easily replaceable/interchangable. Here she is holding her rag.

In other news, Madeline is getting a lot better at holding her head and neck up during "tummy time" although she still hates being on her stomach.

Madeline has also started wearing 3-6 month clothes. This is a cute outfit that our family friend Renee bought her.


Here are a few more pictures that I like of Madeline that we have taken recently. Emily made fun of me because she looked through the pictures on my camera and found out that I have a million. We decided first children have the most pictures not only because it is a new thing for the parents to have a kid, but also because the mom gets bored and needs something to do being at home alone all day with a little baby.

Looking at mom.

Watch out! She's not afraid to fight!

When she's crying a lot I try to remember how happy I am when she smiles.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Amy, these are cute! Thanks for posting them, even if they are only a small fraction of what you have :). PS when I was reading the part about her "rag" at the beginning, I was picturing a dirty/worn-out cleaning rag. Haha. Instead, it looks like a cute baby blanket.

Thanks for having me over before I left! It was fun having you as a great friend these last four years, especially freshman year. Every time I go through my photos I laugh at pics from that year...I'm gonna miss ya!

P.S. I may need you to eat a Jdawg every now and then to remind me how tasty they are.

Melinda said...

It's also the advent of the digital camera, knowing that you don't have to use film to take pictures or "save" pictures for only the most important moments, we can take several and then think we'll pick the best ones later, when in fact we just keep em all :-) Madeline is a doll! My daughter came out here and saw the pics and said "awww, what a cute baby!"